2 Thursdays Consolidated Into One


(Enjoying Life in Fiji.)

Today is the longest day of my life.

I gently woke at 6 AM in Fiji to the subtle chirping of my watch alarm clock. Quickly, I managed to finish packing and catch a boat with an Australian film crew to Namoto Island. The film crew is creating a surf documentary that highlights 9 global surfing destinations in 6 weeks (it will air in a few months).


(Reg Prasad (producer), Renee Bargh (commentator) & Sean Tiner)

After photographing Wilkes Passage, I boarded a boat charter at noon, which took me to Nadi Harbor. To pass some time, I spent the day relaxing by a local hotel pool and soaking up my last moments in Fiji. However, I was mainly absorbing rain drops and not the cliché postcard sun rays, because it is still the wet season in The South Pacific.


(The crew filming Renee parasailing.)

As the evening hour approached, I taxied over to Nadi International Airport and boarded my 10:30 PM flight back to LAX. Since, the direct flight is only 10.5 hours and the time difference is considerably longer, I managed to arrive in Los Angeles at 1:30 PM on Thursday --the same Thursday that I started in Fiji.

I cabbed over to USC, revved up my car and dodged rush hour traffic back to Orange County. After catching up on some emails, I watched a few of the first-round NCAA basketball games latter in the evening.

Despite the inconsistent weather conditions, I really enjoyed my trip and look forward to sharing my artwork in the approaching weeks.

To satiate your thirst, here are a few images:


(Tavarua)

(Fijian Landscape.)

(Fijian Sunset.)


It's 10PM (PST) ---still the same Thursday ---I'm now ending this long, enjoyable day. Good night. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't be afraid, if you are not "qualified."

Google Analytics 4

Trestles NFT