25

Over a month ago on Facebook I was tagged in a friend's note called "25." The note stated 25 random facts about my friend. Additionally, she tagged 25 friends in the note and encouraged each of them to write 25 facts facts about themselves and repeat the process.

Since I was tagged in the first "25" note, I have read several more"25" notes in my friend's Facebook profiles. Thanks to the interview illusion theory, I feel that I know more about the writer. As I know more about a friend, I feel I have a closer understanding of that person and will be more comfortable the next time we spend time together.

As the network effect encourages more friends to write "25" notes, I keep imagining the marketing potential if this "25" campaign had been started by a brand. In January, Burger King launched a Facebook marketing campaign called "The Whopper Sacrifice," a Facebook application that awarded a coupon for a free hamburger if a person deleted 10 people from his or her friend's list. The campaign grilled over 234,000 friendships, before Facebook suspended the program, because "Burger King was sending notifications to the castoffs letting them know they’d been dropped for a sandwich (or, more accurately, a tenth of a sandwich)."

As more companies, brands and individuals utilize Facebook for marketing purposes, the successful campaigns will be the ones that strengthen the community and encourage friends to share the marketing effort on their own accord. ...And if you think outside the bun, be careful not to grill friendships for a short term result.

Below is my 25 Note.

26) I don't settle for the status quo.

25) My favorite concert was seeing The Rolling Stones perform on an airstrip in Switzerland.

24) I try to do one thing each day that scares me.

23) After spending four years living in New England, I learned that I enjoy visiting the snow but not living in it.

22) I aspire to publish a book.

21) I'm not related to other Tiner families. My last name was selected from a book, because my grandfather was born in Turkey during the Ottoman Empire and did not have one. He selected Tiner, when he was completing his undergraduate studies in France.

20) I've learned that you don't need to spend lots of money to have a memorable moment in life. Some of the most precious moments are created by opening up to your surroundings and enjoying the pleasures of life's simple things.

19) My uncle has taught me to appreciate the smaller things in life...

18) I conquered my fear of heights by skydiving.

17) I'm motivated by following passion, not money.

16) My favorite word is "Fika," which is Swedish for having a coffee with colleagues, friends, family or a date. I learned the word, while visiting a friend in Stockholm and since then I try to have a Fika each day.

15) I discovered that Rio De Janerio has the best sea food.

14) I realize my odds of being hit by lightening are greater then winning the lottery, but I still buy tickets every blue moon.

14) I can't drive a stick shift.

13) My heroes are my parents!

12) I've had close friends pass away and I try to continue their memory forward.

11) My Dad had a mustache for 24 years of my life ...and I'm slightly embarrassed that I still can't grow one after 25 years.

10) The hardest workout of my life was training with Hungary's National Water Polo Team in Budapest's Margaret Island.

9) I listen to the advice of my mentors.

8) My favorite artist is not one, but a combination of several: Chuck Close, Andy Warhol, Salvador Dali, Claude Monet, Ansel Adams, Jackson Pollock, Takashi Murakami, Shepard Fairley, Bill Ogden & Art Brewer.

7) I'm thankful for my small group of close friends and the ones that have been there for me through the good times and the tough times.

6) My favorite meal to cook is filet mignot, salmon and asparagus.

5) I don't believe everything happens for a reason. Somethings are simply out of our control and if everything does happen for a reason, sometimes we may never become aware of the reason.

4) After driving through the 9th Ward after Hurricane Katrina and seeing the looting and devastation, I've learned that material possessions really don't matter. What's important is keeping family and friends safe and healthy.

3) I believe in building bridges, not fences.

2) Nothing is impossible. It's only a question of odds.

1) I try to live each day to the fullest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't be afraid, if you are not "qualified."

Google Analytics 4

Trestles NFT