Chris Berman: Paying It Forward


(Chris Berman, Stylized Portrait by Tiner).

From the dormitories of Brown University to anchoring ESPN, Chris Berman has one of the best seats to sports. In 1976, during Berman's senior year at Brown University, the football team won the Ivy League Championship. Ironically during my senior year at Brown, the football team also won the Ivies. To commemorate the event and surprise Berman, I had the team sign a football and sent it to him (with the special help of Tim Cotter, my freshman year roommate).

The football genuinely surprised Berman and to return the favor he mailed me a football signed by the entire ESPN Sunday NFL Countdown crew, including, Michael Irving, Chris Mortensen, Steve Young and Tom Jackson. What makes this football extremely special to me is that he signed it in honor of my brother, similar to the football signed by Pete Carroll.

Berman thank you for paying it forward and for providing the world with insightful and humorous commentary. I wish you and your family the best.

Go Bruno!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't be afraid, if you are not "qualified."

Google Analytics 4

Trestles NFT